Right behind my desk, taped up on the wall, is a list of mood boosters. These things make me happy and are guaranteed to alter my mood for the better.
It’s natural to ebb and flow, have ups and downs, and sometimes you just need to be in a not okay mood. Other times, we’re simply not having it and enough is enough. We need to change our state, change our mood and redirect the day ASAP!
When times like this show up, I turn to my list. I thought it would be a fun to simply build off what I already have and create an even bigger list of mood boosters! I’m willing to bet that more than a few of you could use one of these today and making this list bigger just means it may resonate with more people.
So whether or not you’re having an off day, choose one and do it now! Or save this list for later when you’ll need it. Let the happiness commence.
MY ULTIMATE LIST OF MOOD BOOSTERS
- Have a mini (or extravagant) dance party.
- Hug your partner, your roommate, your animal or yourself.
- Get outside. Fresh air is always a good answer.
- Treat yourself to a bath bomb and have some tub time.
- Put on an uplifting podcast.
- Journal your worries away.
- Grab a book and a blanket.
- Do a handstand.
- Change up your room, your office or your house.
- List 5 things you’re grateful for.
- Buy yourself some fresh flowers or a new house plant (and name it).
- Organize the rest of your week. Maybe try this.
- Light your favorite candle.
- Go to the gym or go for a run (and don’t forget your headphones).
- Slow down, take a step back and just breathe.
- Plan something exciting. Buy tickets to a concert or tickets for a plane.
- Have an at home spa night.
- Do something creative, whatever that means to you.
- Choose a new recipe and make yourself an amazing meal.
- Create a vision board (it’s easiest to do on Pinterest!)
- Turn on (or go buy) your essential oil diffuser.
- Start or add to your bucket list.
- Do some yoga.
- Call a friend.
- Get out of the house, out of the car or away from your desk.
- Write up a new morning routine.
- Do something kind for another person.
- Start a new project, big or small.
- Make yourself a healthy drink or juice.
- Paint, draw or colour.
- Tidy whatever room you’re in. May not sound fun, but you’ll feel good after (promise!).
- Plan a night out with friends. Good food and good drinks are simply the best.
- If you aren’t already, wear something that makes you feel put together and productive (no PJ’s!).
- Watch a Ted Talk.
- Put away your phone (better yet, turn off all your notifications for the remainder of the day).
- Cry it out or take a nap, sometimes you need time to process before you feel better.
- Write out why you’re having a bad day or why you’re in a bad mood, then write out a solution or reasoning why you shouldn’t be bothered by it.
- Make a list of your mood boosters, make it pretty and stick it up on your wall.
Add to this list! What’s your ultimate mood booster? ☀